New AquaTherm panels

Apr 9, 2015
Brookline
Just wanted to show people the panels I just put up. 4-4x16ft panels from www.ressolar.com

4 Ea Aquatherm Solar Pool Panels 4’x16’
74 ft Stainless/Poly Hurricane Strap (4 rows)
20 Ea Strap Hold Down
8 Ea Strap Hold Down ClampW/Screws
5 Ea Header Bracket 2 Hole
8 Ea Collector Hose 1.5”x4”
2 Ea System Hose 1.5 x 7”
1 Ea Aquatherm Vacuum Relief Valve
1 Ea Aquatherm End Cap 1.5”
2 Ea Panel to Pipe Adapter 1.5”
20 Ea Stainless Hose Clamp
50 Ea #12 x 1.25 SS Screw w/Washer
1 Ea Check Valve Jandy 2” pvc
1 Goldline GL235 Pool Control Combo
4 Ea Alum Header BRKT, 1.5” Two Piece

Shipping via UPS $280
Tax N/A

Sub Total- $2,540.80

Total $2,820.80

Now i opted out of the Goldline gl235 and the Jandy valve and saved $481.82. So my total was $2338

Hope this helped some people. I installed everything with help in 4.5 hours. I used climbing gear and also a fall harness. Lay everything out on the ground and then bring to the roof. I did not mark anything prior to screwing down, just used the shingles as level reference(which i checked prior).

- - - Updated - - -

here is the whole house. Yes i am a little crazy for doing it myself, but i paid $8.85 a square foot.

did you have a good experience with them? I just spoke with them and they said they are a turn key solution. Just wondering if they will sell me the panels for a DIY application. They ball parked 4-6k for my application including installing but i tend to think it will be closer to 4k since i dont have much area 20 x20 max. im hoping to get clsoe 400sq/ft. How much did it actually heat up your pool? i have a 20 x 40 and wondering if it will be worth it for around 40-505 coverage

- - - Updated - - -

where did you buy your solar panels from? available from an online retailer?

You might be interested in my solar upgrade thread from a few years ago too Solar Panel Replacement / Update

Auqatherm was on my short list, but I ended up using Techno-Solis panels bought from Poolheatpumps.com (same panels are sold private label as Vortex panels by Solar Direct, but only in limited sizes, and only 1.5 inch headers, I opted for 2 inch headers). The basic standard Aquatherm panel is also sold as a private label panel by Elm Distributing. A number of the major brands of solar panels are also sold through private label programs, this lets the companies sell the same product through multiple distribution channels at different prices with different warranties (same product sold through dealers at a higher price with a longer warranty). This works by offloading the warranty servicing to the private label distributor instead of the manufacturer.

Ike

ps I do really like the optional aluminum Aquatherm heavy duty mounting clamps, in fact I ended up using them on my TechnoSolis installation. I was able to do this as the TechnoSolis 2 inch header coupler is within about 1/20th of an inch of the same diameter as the Aquatherm 2 inch coupler, I am not sure it would work with the 1.5 inch panels.

Last edited:
I love the panels so far, I have 256sqft and it's awesome for my 18x36. They are in the sun from 8 to 4 everyday so that makes the biggest difference. I bought from resolar.com, just call because they are very knowelagble and no way to order online . Using my heatpump and solar combined I would get a 5-7 degree rise in water temperature and 3 degree rise with just the panels. I would 100 percent order again if anything happened to them

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking too but the same place jhamblett was quoted sent me 3,900 for parts which is over 10.50/ft. I found the panels on eBay for roughly 2k. Not sure what piping,controller, and hardware costs but think I would be around 2600 or 2800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In my experience expect a fair amount of so called nickel and dime stuff that is not included in the kits, such as PVC pipes, fittings, glue, pipe brackets, screws, roofing mastic, etc. all totalled probably around $250-$300, plus the cost of the panels and a controller kit. So your real savings may be a bit less than half.

Ask them why the difference.
34cd4af7722b3e2782f733537841ded6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.