Pool Light Replacement Conduit Plugged

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
Hello,
I have a pool company out right now trying to replace my pool light and seal off the leak to the conduit. At the cross box there is sealant in the conduit at a the bend about a foot in and they are having trouble clearing it. They were pulling out the old wire cable and it broke off in the conduit. Any idea's how to clear the conduit path at the turn of this sealant? Thanks!

If it was adherent enough to break a pool light cable, it is a real doozie.
So it is gummed up 1" from pool light fixture right.
Did they pull the rest of the cable back the other way? For long runs there is an above grade junction for this cable.
Can air get through?
If you squirt some cable fishing lube into conduit and suck it through with a shop vac 1st.
Then use a flexible pole; fiberglass tent pole, thinner conduit. and sleeve it in from pool fixture end and try to dislodge the sealant.
The lube will help after the initial adhesion gives way.

I had to clear mortar out of mine and after enough curses to preclude me from the holy fathers presence I got it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.