Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble tec finishes in shallow pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Fullerton, CA

Pebble tec finishes in shallow pools

In a 4-5-4 foot depth do the blues really get that deep rich blue color? On their web sight it appears that 9 ft is the sweet spot but we are not going anywhere near that deep.

Look like lagoon blue is the most blue at 5 ft?

33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble tec finishes in shallow pools

It's very personal. I don't like the really Blue ones. In shallow water you see the blue finish color, not the natural Blue from filtered Sunlight. No wrong choice, it's just what you like.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Conroe, TX

I am going with blue granite PS. It is hard to decide - my pool (being built) is about the depth of yours. I looked at a few pools and just really focused on what the colors looked like in the shallow and medium depths. The blue granite looks blue (to me) except on like the tanning ledge and top step. I have reservations - but I think I would with any color I choose. I mean it is a LOT of money for guesswork and that is all this really is at this point Good luck on your choice and please share pics!
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Yeah, you just have to look at pictures until your are cross eyed and then flip a coin.

You can look at my black pebblesheen play pool in my build below if you want to add to the confusion.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach