Dolphin Nautilis and Fiberglass pools and wall climbing

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
so got my new robot (named mr. button by our son) into the pool for the first time.

only issue is it NEVER makes it up a wall...not even close.

somewhere I read (but can't find it now) that there are rollers made exclusively for FG pools, and the combo roller it comes with will NEVER climb a wall.

does this make sense, or was I dreaming.

I've never heard of one, but who knows? We use a simple pressure side cleaner thingy Polaris 165. My fiberglass pool has a short ledge around the sides which would hinder my use of anything fancier.
Good luck and if you find something out please share details?

So I get the ledge, but mine does not even get up to the ledge. Plus I have sections that have no ledge and same issue. The robot gets vertical then just spins.

PLUS - I found these brushes....Maytronic's CS SWEARS the normal brush should climb FG walls, but they don't and only want to sell me more brushes. So in for repair goes my brand new robot :-(

Maytronic%20Brushes_zpsneb1u73v.jpg

The robot wont and isnt intended to climb to the top of the wall every time.

Sometimes it will just roll the front scrubber onto the wall, stop, and then go backwards.
Other times it will position itself vertical at bottom and then go backwards
Other times climbs completely up...

On yours, are the scrubbers still turning but just wont go up?
If the scurbbers stop, then the cleaner falls of or goes backswards, then thats what its supposed to do.

If the scurbbers are turning but then falls off, then give it a couple days for the scrubbers to break in... it may be just fine after a couple days.

I have the dolphin nautilus plus and it climbs the walls of my fiberglass pool and at times nearly comes out of the pool cleaning the water line.

Like Divin Dave stated it doesn't always climb the wall every time. It seems to want to get things done in its own order. Will clean up a wall, then turn and get the waterline for a section and then go back down and then change out to cleaning the cove areas for awhile and then switch out for the walls again, etc. It appears to have a mind of a toddler.

The brush that came with mine looks like the middle brush in the above post

Yeah, mine NEVER climbs a wall....it tries and just sits and spins. I wonder if different MFG of FG pools have different top coatings. My steps, seats and floor seem to have a rough edge to them, but my walls are glass smooth.

I bet I need the other brush, but Maytronics won't offer any swap, etc....boo!

They did suggest I send it in for warranty if it does not climb, but geez that will take a few weeks out of prime season, guess I need to figure out what to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.