Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In battle with algae

1. Back To Top    #1
    Dresden Tn

In battle with algae

I have been SLAMING my pool to battle the algae. Good news pool is clearing. I can see the bottom clearly today. Although it still is slightly cloudy. Here are my numbers.
    FC 20
    TC 10
    TA 0
    PH 7.2
    TH 100
    Cya 30-50

Ps. I am waiting on my drop testing kit. For now I just have the strips.
    Bare with me.
    18 yr old, 15500gal, AG vinyl, sand filter, 1.5h Extreme Force single speed pump, filled with city water, cake tier steps, Polaris turbo pressure side pool cleaner, TFtestKits TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: In battle with algae

I am glad to here your pool is clearing. I highly recommend you get a recommended test kit. Did you order one already? It is something you really need to complete a SLAM.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: In battle with algae

Ok, hope you get the kit soon. We can help when you do. It's not that I wouldn't raise my FC also, but I wouldn't be doing right by you if I didn't warn to be careful with your Vinyl liner. Approaching 50 PPM FC is where we get spooky about fading one.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr