Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how I tell the difference between blinding Tweety bird yellow and school bus yellow

1. Back To Top    #1

how I tell the difference between blinding Tweety bird yellow and school bus yellow

As Richard320 described the difference in chlorine levels. A funny but very accurate way to tell the difference. I don't know about you, but I have always had trouble with shades of color. Mauve is pink to me. Lime looks light green to me. And as I get older my vision is more questionable. This may not help you, but I have an lcd monitor on my shop computer on the work bench where I test my water and I have found that if I open notepad, the blank screen is bright enough and white enough that I can hold my sample a few inches away the screen and it really helps me with the subtle shade changes. Wish I could use that on the CYA test, if and when I get the TF-100 kit. Anyway for what it's worth, it helps me with color change tests. Hope it helps
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how I tell the difference between blinding Tweety bird yellow and school bus yell

He will have to explain that. Having used meters for pH the last many years, I've just got used to the pH color block last summer. I never use the OTO test, I'm sorry.

I will say your monitor idea is good. We do the same thing with a "Daylight Lamp" in labs all the time.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem