Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Radiant skimmer help

1. Back To Top    #1

Radiant skimmer help

I have a metric 24' round with the skimmer, installed last year. The bottom of the skimmer, by the hose output cracked this winter. I got a new skimmer but upon looking at how the old skimmer was installed I'm at a lose. It looks like to install a new skimmer I have to drop the liner on the pool which seems like more of an ordeal than I want.

Would something like a plastic ring and maybe JB /marine/water weld to seal the crack in the skimmer be a smarter and easier solution or should I just bite the bullet and have someone come out and replace the skimmer. Messing with the liner with my low skill level seems like a great way to introduce leaks.

Thanks and thoughts appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    El Cajon CA

Re: Radiant skimmer help

Welcome to the form and someone with more experience with that type of pool will be along shortly to give you some advice.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Radiant skimmer help

Welcome to TFP! Can you update your signature with you pool and equipment info? You can do this in settings. Is this an above ground or in ground pool?
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process