Stone and Saltwater

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
We are planning on doing a 4' elevated waterfall diving platform and I am wondering if there is a certain type of stone we should look for. I would think that stone would be better than concrete for this application since the pool will be saltwater but I could be way wrong.

I was told that most of the stone that is sold for exterior application is fine for pools as long as it's natural stone and as long as you seal it every few years.

I have sandstone ledger raised 3' above my waterline with water features inside that area. I have travertine deck. I have quartz on my surrounding retaining walls. I was told that the quartz was optional, but the rest would need to be sealed, but I just spray the sealer on all of it, it's really not too time consuming, I sort of enjoy doing stuff like that.

Corleone, your build turned out amazing! My wife and I looked at it the other day and were both in awe. I hope that you and your family have many years of enjoyment out there and I greatly appreciate your thoughts on my question.

Ohh thanks!!

We surely will I think. We spend more time at home then the average family because we have a child with a disability, so we just decided to put our savings into having a cool backyard so we could entertain and bring the fun to him. It's been a really fun build, but still lots of loose ends to tie up, which I've decided to do myself rather than hire subs to do it. I get a little more enjoyment in being physically involved, but the downside is that it's taking forever :(

Good luck with the project, I'll be checking in on it, I personally love the stone look which is why your thread caught my eye. 4' raised gives a lot of surface area for it, should be incredible!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.