New Guy from Tennessee

May 8, 2015
Johnson City
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are extremely excited to be part of this group, and are waiting anxiously for the install of our new Fiberglass pool. Last Saturday we went down to Leisure Polls Manufacturing Facility in Knoxville, Tn, (Lucky to live close to it) and met with a super nice person (Vice President - Luis Savastano) and picked out a nice 30' Riviera model pool from them, and put down a deposit. We have never owned a pool and finally we feel we can afford to jump off the deep end and invest in our first pool, we are in our Late 40's and have worked our whole lives in order to have a better quality of life and we feel a pool, is definitely in that realm. We both work a lot of hours and are on call for our jobs if not all the time, but, very frequently, so the option of pontoon boat and lake was kinda out of the question, as about the time you get on the boat, work calls and you have to leave. I will welcome any advice anyone might give via email or directing me to a particular forum page on my new venture. I have done extensive research in last two years in preparation for this venture, and finally acquired the HELOC loan in order to do this properly. We have ordered the Precast coping from Federal Stone and should be here in mid July, But, the installers will be bringing pool down a lot sooner most likely to put the pool in and have it hooked up and ready to go month to 2 months before coping arrives, I have a level area for pool to be placed, and have purchased all my equipment online prior to pools arrival due to there being no Leisure Pool Qualified Installers in my immediate area. Equipment I have purchased is the

-- 3h.p. Pentair Intelliflo VS pump 011018 with two Unions
-- Pentair Easy Touch Panel, with 4 relays, Pentair 2" Multiport Valve 7.5" centers, and IC 40 SWG
-- Pentair 100 D.E. Cartridge filter system
-- Aquacal SQ-120-R Heat pump, w/chiller
-- (2) Jandy 180 Degree Pool/Spa swing check valves
-- Pentair 3-way PVC Diverter Valve 1.5"-2"

I hope I am not overlooking anything, I want my equipment setup to be such that I wont look back later and go "man I wish I had done this or that" so any advice on setup and equipment needed for this install would be greatly appreciated, I think the installers are looking at next week or two to come and begin installation, so anything anyone can add from lessons learned would be greatly appreciated, I know the installers will have SUMP System pipe installed, also, will be using gravel around the entire pool, NOT SAND, also I know he has plan for equipbonding as we discussed, to ensure the water is bonded properly via some plate he said he has.

Thank You so much in advanced for your help and recommendations, I have read a lot of the forums already , would like pics of the optimal equipment setup for what equipment I have if anyone can direct me , my equipment will approximately 15 feet from the pool side at the top of the pool level and am using 4 Conductor number 4 wire Copper for my electrical feed coming off a 100 amp service panel a the house. Thanks Again, Kevin Gotch [email protected] if anyone has advice for me. Thanks, Kevin Gotch P.S. --Sorry for rambling

Welcome to TFP! That is great you are getting a pool you have worked hard for. The best suggestion I have for you is to maintain your pool on your own. Don't listen to pool store advise. Order yourself a recommended test kit such as the TF 100 linked in my signature. We love seeing progress on pool builds so post lot of pics in a new thread in Under Constuctuion.

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Looks like you've got a good plan there. The equipment is great, I've got mostly the same stuff and am very happy with it. We have done the boat and the pool. Definitely like the pool better. It is much easier and cheaper too.

Please update your state and signature as shown here.

Here are some intro Pool School articles to read while you wait for your pool
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here is the Water Balance for SWCG pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals to maintain your pool.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

Welcome! Enjoy the forum. There is a lot to learn!