Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Converting to SWG this weekend.

1. Back To Top    #1

Converting to SWG this weekend.

I am converting my pool to use an SWG this weekend.

I am learning as I go, but I am assuming that my pool is not bonded. I see no bonding wires on the heater or pump. I also have some fiber optic lighting and do not see any bonding wires for this either.

When installing the SWG, is there anything I should do for the bonding wire? Does adding an SWG add additional risk if this is not bonded?

Regards,
    Pete
    Pete
    Vinyl IG, 32,000 gallons, CircuPool 60,000g SWG, Hayward heater, Pentair TA-60/60D Sand Filter , Hayward Super Pump, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Converting to SWG this weekend.

Hi Pete, I'm not an expert on this subject but here is a link that should help - http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-wire-question.

Someone with the requisite expertise should be along shortly
    10.5K IG gunnite pool with micro-pebble finish in Caribbean blue with Baja step. Haywood main filter with Perry's Pool Pump 1hp motor. Jandy CL-340 cartridge filter. Circupool RJ30 SWG system. TF100 test kit with Speedstir. Floating beer cooler.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Converting to SWG this weekend.

thanks for the reply! I saw that post when I was searching for this answer.. However, in my case, I have no existing bonding wires that I know of. Wasn't sure how to proceed or if it was safe for me to ignore for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by laveenmoose View Post
    Hi Pete, I'm not an expert on this subject but here is a link that should help - http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-wire-question.

Someone with the requisite expertise should be along shortly
    Pete
    Vinyl IG, 32,000 gallons, CircuPool 60,000g SWG, Hayward heater, Pentair TA-60/60D Sand Filter , Hayward Super Pump, TF-100 Test Kit