Water Feature Plumbing Question and Freezing - with PICS

Apr 29, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
I am going to build a three tier water feature with a 2' LED lit water fall in the middle and on each side a 1' LED lit water fall. I beleive that making with masonry block and then facing ot with a faux stone will be the simplelist approach. All three water falls together are rated at 4000 gallons per hour or about 66 GPM, so I am debating on running 2 1/2'' lines then or stepping up to 3''? Any suggestions? But my real question is how do I install the plumbing so that I dont have the supply lines freeze in the winter? While I am asking that question I am also installing my supply and return lines to the pool this weekend, do I need to slope these lines toward the pool so when I drain the pool below the skimmer in the winter they will drain into the pool? Want to only do this once.

thanks

Phil

I don't winterize my pool so no experience with this but here are my thoughts. I don't see how you can plumb a waterfall line and have it drain toward the pool because it will have to go up to make a waterfall. Seems like it would work better to have drain back toward the equipment pad, but I don't know how your ground slopes if your pump is above or below the waterline, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.