I have owned this home and maintained pool for 4 years now. After reading through this website, I want to switch over from pool store to trouble free. I found a rather large dead bird in my basket this morning (pigeon I think?). My pool is cloudy and after taking water to pool store for testing, they said my "phosphates" were incredibly high (2500 I think) and that I had 0 fc. They attributed the high phosphates to the bird, since my water is pretty new. I resurfaced this last October. I told them it was cloudy and they recommended this super shock, three pounds of it since the algae was forming. Here's the product: http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-p...-plus-bags.htm. So I dumped that in and have the pump running 24 hours. After that, he said to dump a whole gallon of the phos-free in there over the course of three days. After reading much of this website, I am now skeptical. The only thing I've done is the 3 lbs of power powder shock they told me to do. I ordered one of the test kits from this site tonight but don't have it in hand to run my own tests. What would you guys do? Thanks for any advice, can't wait to get my kit and go legit!