Brand new pool...with a hole in the plaser

Jim H

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Monroe/NJ
Pool is less than a month old. Noticed a small hole about the circumference of a pencil today. Other than the frustrating part of not having a brand new pool that is "perfect", is this something I need to worry about? Is it common?
Recently added muriatic acid to pool- while I brushed shortly afterwards I am paranoid that somehow the acid ate a hole in the plaster- is that even possible?
I know the pool is still under warranty but is a small hole like this something that pool companies will typically fix or, again, is it an expected and 'acceptable' imperfection?
I had trouble from beginning to end with this pool company and the thought of getting into it with them yet again stresses me out.

I highly doubt your acid had anything to do with it ... unless you poured a lot of acid directly on top of where the hole is.
It could have just been an air bubble, but that sounds bigger than that. How deep is the hole?

I would certainly consider contacting the pool company to see what they say.

I highly doubt your acid had anything to do with it ... unless you poured a lot of acid directly on top of where the hole is.
It could have just been an air bubble, but that sounds bigger than that. How deep is the hole?

I would certainly consider contacting the pool company to see what they say.

It is just below one of the spots where I poured acid, but I followed the instructions from this website- pouring small amounts at a time and this spot is just below one of the returns so it doesn't seem likely. I haven't felt the hole yet but from looking at it, it looks the depth of a pencil eraser.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.