Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rheem P-M266A-EN-C Heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Rheem P-M266A-EN-C Heater

When I started my pool a couple of weeks ago the heater was throwing an SNS error code/fault. My pool guy came out and he took the lcd panel off and jostled some of the wires and put it back together and magically it worked. Now it is throwing that SNS code again. It was raining all day today so I didnít try the jiggling method yet. Does anyone have any further information on what SNS means and why it might be happening?
    ~19k Gal, IG Vinyl, Hayward SP2607X10 1hp pump, Hayward S200 Sand Filter, built in Ď70ís, has 8í deep end with diving board, 1 skimmer, 1 return, 1 low hole, Polaris booster pump PB4-60, old Polaris robot not sure model, Rheem P-M266A-EN-C 266,000 BTU heater, solar cover, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Rheem P-M266A-EN-C Heater

Likely the solder joints on the sensor connection to the board are broken.

You could try to re solder, or replace the board.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

SNS would lead me to look at the temp sensor. How cold is the water?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Low 60s I'd guess.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Probably too cold to allow the sensor to work.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

6. Back To Top    #6

It working again. I've been switching it off when I see the code. I figured maybe I should switch it on and leave it. Sure enough within about 15 minutes it started on its own. I wonder if what I was seeing was part of a startup sequence and I just shut it off too soon thinking there was a problem...

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Usually when you power it up the board lights up and then switches to whatever mode you had it set to last.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll keep your eye on it and let us know if you have any other issues.
    Paul