Can't get the chlorine levels balanced...

Apr 26, 2015
Jax, FL
We have an SWG and have been running it about 6 hours a day. Having trouble figuring out how long to run it to get the chlorine up around a 5. We have been adding liquid chlorine from the pool store to keep the levels up there. Yesterday we tested the FC and it was 0. :( So we dosed according to poolmath to get it from 0-5. So today I tested and the FC was only 1.5?? How is that possible. The CYA we put in is fully dissolved out of the sock now, but not able to be registered on our test for another 3-4 days. Are we doing something wrong?? Our SWG (intex) has a boost setting that we have been using - but it seems like just putting the chlorinator on for 6 hours a day on regular setting isn't cutting it.

Pool is in full sun until about 5pm. We don't use a cover or anything during the day.
CYA should be up around 70 now...won't know for the next few days.
Running chlorinator about 6 hours a day...5-6 usually. Seems the boost setting is the only thing that keeps the chlorine up high enough.

Any advice? Hope this is understandable - thanks!

(Still very new to this!!)

- - - Updated - - -

Seems our chlorine levels are hovering between a 1 and a 3 consistently. :( Pool water still looks great but I'm worried that the numbers are staying too low. We have been swimming about every other day...sometimes every day.

Could be bather load, especially if kids are swimming and pee'ing in the pool. (It happens more than we want to admit!!!)

I would keep dosing with liquid and wait til next week to see if You have enough CYA.

WE have a new pool with SWG too and have had similar problem...though worse. Running at 85%, 24 hours/day for past 3-4 days with practically no chlorine. Our CYA is still low and we get sun most of the day, but I would expect SOME chlorine given the 24 hour/day output. Any indications that SWG faulty? Reading 'no flow' or anything like that? Our nature 2 fusion reading no flow a lot we are having installers come back and look at it for the third time....good luck!

WE have a new pool with SWG too and have had similar problem...though worse. Running at 85%, 24 hours/day for past 3-4 days with practically no chlorine. Our CYA is still low and we get sun most of the day, but I would expect SOME chlorine given the 24 hour/day output. Any indications that SWG faulty? Reading 'no flow' or anything like that? Our nature 2 fusion reading no flow a lot we are having installers come back and look at it for the third time....good luck!

See if they will take it back and swap in a larger swg since this one is having problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.