Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jersey in the house

1. Back To Top    #1

Jersey in the house

Hey everyone, new guy here. I've been lurking for a couple of days and enjoyed all the helpful info so far.
    Just like a bunch of people here, I bought a house with a pool. I liked the house in early spring but waited until November to buy it, got it cheaper that way. The pool was neglected half way through the summer because the sale fell through and the owners moved, blah blah. Pool was professionally closed but I decided to open it after watching some YouTube videos. Eventually made my way to this forum.

I initially shocked the pool with those shock bag things. Luckily I stumbled upon the bbb method and been doing ok so far. I have a standard pool test but ordered a Taylor 2006 and a generic keeps krauly from Amazon (good reviews)

I've read the pool school and can't quite figure out fc and cc. Also, I'm not sure about my cya. I read 0 from a test strip, added 5 lbs and read 40, do I just top the pool off the pool with liquid chlorine and borax as needed on a daily basis? Thanks! Pics soon

after raking, not sure if I put shock in or not.

but now I see a lot of staining.
    20k gallon IG vinyl pool.
    Hayward DE filter
    Hayward pump?
    Hayward 200 chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Jersey in the house

Welcome to TFP! Glad to see you have been educating yourself and have a test kit on the way. Nice pool!
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum Mike!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW PA

Welcome Mike!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter