DE Grids & Dirty Water

Jan 12, 2011
Bel Air, MD
So i noticed today some dirty water was coming through from my jets. I then took apart my filter and noticed 3 of my DE grids had holes in them. One of them almost a 1/2 inch in size. So I know I need to replace the 3 grids, but my question is should I replace the other 5 while I am at it? I know the grids haven't been replaced in 10+ years. What do you all think?

Re: DE Grids & Dirty Water

Also, does anyone know a place online that sells a full set of Pentair DE grids 30 inch 60 sq foot filter

- - - Updated - - -

I found these, will these work on a Pentair NFS plus filter that has 30 inch grids?

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-Pro-Grid-Micro-Filter-Replacement/dp/B002PN88YA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

If the grids are that old, I would replace all. You can purchase them as a kit, usually cheaper than buying them individually. Check Amazon, I think my 60 sq. ft. kit was about $100-150.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.