1. Back To Top    #1

Hi everyone!
    I need some help.
    FC: 5
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.6
    TA: 110
    CH: 210
    CYA: not sure, I have a hard time with this test, I would say its 30 or less.

We bought this house, and the pool was drained about 75%. The pump and filter were replaced, then I filled it up and SLAM'd it and the water is nice and clear.
    Once it became clear, these stains appeared.

There are a few places where the stains are very dark and they are in cracks. Just looking for some advice on how to try and tackle the problems.
    The pool has a filler near the top of the steps, and its attached to a water pipe at the house. The pool was filled with this mechanism, and the stains do seem to be heavier in the area where the water was coming out of the filler. But I do have lighter stains appearing elsewhere on the plaster too.

15,000 gallon in ground gunite plaster pool, Pentair Intelliflo VF, Pentair Quad DE 60, Dolphin Oasis Z5
    Northern California

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Stains

Guessing metal stains based on the directionality ... maybe some fertilizer ended up in the pool?

Put a vitamin C tablet on one for a few minutes and see if it lightens/disappears.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!