My official introduction

DontFillitin

Platinum Supporter
May 7, 2015
Birmingham/AL
:handwave: My name is Gary. I like romantic walks on the beach... oh, wait, wrong website!

Happily married to my soul-mate (who occasionally drives me crazy), with two children. As some of you know, my daughter just turned 6, and my son is 9, going on 30! I am a collision center manager. I didn't want a pool, but the wife (obviously got what she wanted) did. I am a car guy (insert Tim Taylor grunt here), specifically Mopar. I'm a little rough around the edges, but genuinely care about people and am willing to help in any way I can. I can sometimes come across as being a smart*****, but its just my bad sense of humor ;) I greatly appreciate the advice I have gotten so far, and look forward to getting to know you all.

Mopar? Like this:
22-1981-Dodge-Aries-Station-Wagon-Down-On-the-Junkyard-Picture-courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin-550x412.jpg

:laughblue:

Oh, wait.... all those heaps were probably crushed before you were born.

Hey Gary!
I followed your other thread a bit... check to see if you would really fill it in.
Congrats on what you've done with that.

I used to me a Mopar guy, back in the early 70's...

Im just an old guy now that drives a chevy.

Mopar? Like this:
22-1981-Dodge-Aries-Station-Wagon-Down-On-the-Junkyard-Picture-courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin-550x412.jpg

:laughblue:

Oh, wait.... all those heaps were probably crushed before you were born.

HA! I had one lol Put it in the mud like a good redneck should

- - - Updated - - -

Lol @ Richard. :lol:

I saw your thread and congrats. Good job on that. Glad you joined us man!

For what little it's worth, I have a buddy with a Hellcat. :D

Hey Gary!
I followed your other thread a bit... check to see if you would really fill it in.
Congrats on what you've done with that.

I used to me a Mopar guy, back in the early 70's...

Im just an old guy now that drives a chevy.

thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without tfp help. Patrick, I will post a pic later you need to share with your buddy. Dave, Its ok, most old guys like slow cars :D

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Gary! We own an auto body repair and paint shop. Now I understand why your schedule gets hectic sometimes...lol

SOMETIMES?!?! lol.. yeah. Been a sucker in this business for 22 years now.... it sure has changed. Im sure you know exactly where I'm coming from!

We have been in business for 37 years. Family owned and operated. You get slow times and you get swamped times.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it used to be fill with bondo, but not know. Now it is pull the dent if you can or replace panel completely. Then due to insurance you have to deal with customers who get aftermarket parts instead of OEM. We pretty much explain to them that unless you car is less than a year old insurance won't pay for OEM, but if they want to pay the difference in price you will go OEM otherwise they are stuck with aftermarket.

We have been in business for 37 years. Family owned and operated. You get slow times and you get swamped times.
I have been at my current location for 3 years. My boss is 1 of my best friends. First move birmingham in 2000 he worked at the shop where I got a job. He became manager a year or so later, then I took it over when he left in 08. In 11 he bought his shop, and I joined him as soon as he could afford me in 12. The previous owner was doing about 30,000 a month we grew in that building to about a hundred and 70 a month. since then we have moved locations and are now building a second building on our property. Sorry if this is all jumbled up and compounded sentences I am using voice to text. so far we have been blessed and only had a couple of times we have slowed down. Sometimes I absolutely love what I do sometimes I absolutely hate it

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

- - - Updated - - -

Also it used to be fill with bondo, but not know. Now it is pull the dent if you can or replace panel completely. Then due to insurance you have to deal with customers who get aftermarket parts instead of OEM. We pretty much explain to them that unless you car is less than a year old insurance won't pay for OEM, but if they want to pay the difference in price you will go OEM otherwise they are stuck with aftermarket.
We try to get a price matched if they can't match the price offer the difference up to the customer if they are willing to pay it we put OE on. If not we explain to them that that junk does not fit and they will have to accept it. we typically find a way around it though even if it means losing a little bit on the bottom end. Our shop is in a small town about an hour north east of Birmingham and we have people to bring their cars from 2 & 3 hours away for us repair. its good when you got customers that are that loyal to you

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

We try to get a price matched if they can't match the price offer the difference up to the customer if they are willing to pay it we put OE on. If not we explain to them that that junk does not fit and they will have to accept it. we typically find a way around it though even if it means losing a little bit on the bottom end. Our shop is in a small town about an hour north east of Birmingham and we have people to bring their cars from 2 & 3 hours away for us repair. its good when you got customers that are that loyal to you

We are a smaller town too, but have a military base here, so that helps. We do a good business and have some very loyal customers too. Most are local, but we have a few who will come from Phoenix which is 3.5-4 hours away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are a smaller town too, but have a military base here, so that helps. We do a good business and have some very loyal customers too. Most are local, but we have a few who will come from Phoenix which is 3.5-4 hours away.
To me, the customer loyalty is what separates a shop now. How many DRP programs are you on? We have 2

I was on USAA at the old shop, not too bad. Geico works better with us NOT being on the program, so we stayed off. We are on SF also, and ALFA. ALFA is great. You can keep Farmers! I would gladly send you all of my Farmers work lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support