Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner wrinkles in wall, smiley shape below fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner wrinkles in wall, smiley shape below fittings

Hope this is the right section for liner issue questions.

Today I noticed on one of my shallow ends wrinkles under 3 of the 4 drains that are in the wall for getting water to the two swim jet pumps. The drains are regular Hayward main drains but mounted in the wall about 20 inches below water level.
    The wrinkles are smile shaped and seem to be from liner material pushed up the wall. Is there anything I could do to get rid of the wrinkles?

I also mentioned this in my intro today, but since intros might not have some people's attention I posted it here.

Thx Bert

From my intro:

Last summer I finally finished my diy inground pool. It's 16 x 32 rectangular, play/sport model with two sort of shallow ends and a bit deeper part in the middle.

Build and equipments: concrete walls (cinder blocks, parged smooth) and vermiculite mix bottom with vinyl liner, Two speed Hayward pump,timer box, large cartridge filter, zodiac lm2-24 salt chlorinator, led underwater light, vac port, slide with return water line and two swim jet pumps, raypak digital 266.000 btu heater that I still need to hook up (no gas line to pool shed yet) and safety cover for winter (Trampoline style mesh)

My family loves the pool and I'm very happy with the choices I made in regards to pump, filter, salt system etc. it's very easy to maintain.
    Made it through the first cold winter and startup was easy with crystal clear water after only a few days.

Today I noticed on one of my shallow ends wrinkles under 3 of the 4 drains that are in the wall for getting water to the two swim jet pumps. The drains are regular Hayward main drains but mounted in the wall about 20 inches below water level.
    The wrinkles are smile shaped and seem to be from liner material pushed up the wall. Is there anything I could do to get rid of the wrinkles?

Thanks in advance,
    Bert

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner wrinkles in wall, smiley shape below fittings

Sorry I'm no help Bert, but I don't think there is much you can do once it's full. There will be others to chime in at some point. We have a lot of vinyl pool owners here. Hang in there, and maybe you'll get a better answer.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a picture of one of the wall drains with wrinkle.

Just to make clear; The liner was smooth last summer after being installed so it is not caused by mounting the face plate rings before the water level got higher than the drains.

vDkF4LW.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Nobody experience with this ??

I heard about trying to remove a wrinkle with a toilet plunger. Has anyone advice on this method perhaps?
    THX Bert