Is this some really old booster pump?

Hello all,

First time posting in this forum. I have been following the methods from this forum for over month now. Luckily, my CYA only went up to 50 before I stopped using the pucks (We did a full drain as the pool store recommended about 2 months ago).

We just bought the house recently, so I'm still in the process of learning this whole pool thing. There's this pump looking device on its own Intermatic timer. Wondering if anyone knows what it is. I suspect it's for some automatic pool cleaner that no one uses anymore. Here are some pics of it.

7a1df96d58207f268ea8909afd70aec6.jpg

What's weird is, there's only one pipe connected to it... How would this even work?

I'm guessing it's connected to this in the pool

e6b8721ecaa2ee4f004a0302a7107709.jpg

The previous owner left a Hayward automatic cleaner, so we're using that, but just curious what this pump is for.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick response! I don't have a spa but it would make sense that it only has one pipe connected to it if I did.

I only turned it on for a few seconds, fearing that it hasn't been turned on for many years and something nasty is going to come out at the other end of the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.