Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help on replacing Hayward Vari-Flow valve....

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help on replacing Hayward Vari-Flow valve....

First, I really appreciate this site! Been using it for 5 years and you all have made my summers much easier, less expensive and more enjoyable! Thanks!

Our current Hayward Vari_Flow valve is cracked and we need to replace it. We have a S-200 sand filter, and the model number printed on the valve is SP71 0X32. Looking on line, the model number sequence seems to be slightly different - for example, I see an SP0710X32 that looks slightly different than what I have, and an SPX0710X32 without a picture.

Are the slight differences in the model numbers actually different parts or just different versions that will work with what I've got? Basically, I just want to know my options for replacing my cracked valve as easily and inexpensively as possible. Thanks......

George
    18 x 36 inground vinyl - Buster Crabbe wood sided
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Built in 1974, 18,000 gallon, 36 x 18 sq ft in-ground vinyl - Buster Crabbe wood walls Cleveland,Ohio
    Liner replaced 2014, walls still in good shape.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Need help on replacing Hayward Vari-Flow valve....

Welcome to TFP. I am not able to help you, but wanted to bump your post.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Appreciate it Lisa!.....
    Built in 1974, 18,000 gallon, 36 x 18 sq ft in-ground vinyl - Buster Crabbe wood walls Cleveland,Ohio

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The correct part numbers for this valve is a SPX0710X32 for the 1.5" valve and SPX0715X32 for the 2" valve.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for your help! Sorry it took so long for my reply - we've got the part and it's being installed today. Thanks again! go