Pool Filter Cover

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

We're going to need a little more information. What type of filter is it? Sand? DE? Cartridge? Do you have a model number?

Speaking of details, add your pool details to your forum signature so it's easier to help. To change your profile and/or signature, select "Settings" (top right under Pool School button). Scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" & Edit Signature.

The cover should come off when the locking ring is removed. You may have to wiggle, tip the top of the filter back and forth a bit to loosen it from the lower o-ring inside. To prevent it from being sticky again, lubricate the inner o-ring with silicone based grease before reinstalling.

Check out your filter's manual for details. http://ecoaquapro.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Aquapro-Cartridge-Filter-Manual.pdf

it sounds like you may just have to give it a little elbow grease- was having the same problem, was afraid I'd break it if I pulled oto hard but after checking and being pretty confident that it was turned into the open position, took my chances and gave a good hard pull- it came off. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.