Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Checking in from Dallas Ga

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Checking in from Dallas Ga

New guy here. Real name Bob.
    I've recently started occupying a house (intending to buy) with a neglected pool. When we first pulled the cover, we were greeted with a black mess. First words out of my wife and the rest of the folks were,"You're gonna have to drain that"
    Little did they know, I had already been lurking here, learning what I could before that fateful day. Confidently, I said, "This, this is nothing.." Needless to say, they were very incredulous.

It is now 2 weeks later and I think we are going to be swimming this weekend. This is completely due to all the great info I have found here. Obviously, I have many more things to learn and read and try to understand, but the look on my wife's face is worth the effort so far.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Checking in from Dallas Ga

Welcome to TFP!!!

Fantastic that you ignored the naysayers and proved them wrong
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP! Nice work! And great first post!

Here are some of my favorite Pool School articles to read in case you missed them.

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here is the Water Balance for your SWCG pool.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Just wanted to welcome you to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter