Too Much Algecide

I feel like a complete idiot!!! I have a Master's Degree and put in an entire gallon of algecide in our pool. We are new pool owners and just purchased a home with an above ground 24ft. pool. I think I was anxious to see results and just poured in the gallon even though I read to only use 28 oz. per 10,000 gallons. We have run the pool nonstop for 7 days and there is no improvement. We took a water sample to the nearest pool store and they looked at me like :shock:. But just recommended that we add some alkalinity balancer. Again, that was 5 days ago. No improvements. The water is very cloudy but no foaming. Does anyone have any suggestions to get our pool back on track?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We need to see test results to know how to help you ... not from the pool store. You need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits if you want to take control of your pool.

Assuming that the water started green, you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to eradicate the algae and get your pool cleared up.

Note that we do not recommend the use of algaecides (especially if they have copper in them) ... all you need is chlorine.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.