Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Support for side burner

1. Back To Top    #1

Support for side burner

Continuing my build. Just curious if a single drop in side burner needs vertical support. Going to lay two layers of hardibacker for the countertop and will support the burner on the front wall and a horizontal brace across the back. Does the horizontal need a vertical stud and do the sides need a brace as well or will the hardibacker provide enough support

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Support for side burner

Welcome to TFP!

I built what sounds like a similar setup to yours, right down to the hardibacker. Only difference is that I have a 2-burner side burner with an integrated prep-area and storage drawer. I did go ahead and add vertical supports in the back and along the sides. With a single-burner (unless it's made of cast iron) you should be fine supporting it the way you have described.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks much!

4. Back To Top    #4

Friendswood, TX

Do you plan on putting anything heavy?

To to let you know I have a Primo ceramic smoker on a shelf with no vertical support below. Just a shelf. That thing weighs almost 200 lb.
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here