Hose keeps falling off... any suggestions, please!!

Jun 4, 2013
Minnesota
This is my first time getting my pool opened and running by myself, I have everything hooked up and it was pumping/running just fine... a half hour later I glance outside and the water level had drained to almost below my skimmer... leaving the pump to run with out a lot of water and the water pouring out of the skimmer hose connection... Grrrrrr... twice now.

Why won't the hose stay connected to the skimmer "down pipe"... I am afraid if I tighten the hose clamp any tighter it will just crack the white plastic piece coming off the skimmer... What should I do, I don't trust it at all now. Scared if I walk away it will fall off again and I will lose all the water again, burn out the pump and more or worse.

Any suggestions!? Am I forgetting something? Should I add a hook or support for the tubing/hose/pipe??

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2015-05-14 10.38.11.jpg
    2015-05-14 10.38.11.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 110
You need to tighten that clamp. There is no way you will be able to tighten it enough to crack the fitting. The clamp would strip out before that could happen. I an 6'2 - 250 lbs and I crank on my hose clamps as tight as I can without any problems

How old is the hose? I used to have this problem till I bought a new hose. I actually got a new hose because the old one was cracking. Then I realized that the fitting was much better on the new one.

How old is the hose? I used to have this problem till I bought a new hose. I actually got a new hose because the old one was cracking. Then I realized that the fitting was much better on the new one.

Ditto. I had a hose that kept blowing and stopped when I replaced it. They are not that expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.