Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hose keeps falling off... any suggestions, please!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Hose keeps falling off... any suggestions, please!!

This is my first time getting my pool opened and running by myself, I have everything hooked up and it was pumping/running just fine... a half hour later I glance outside and the water level had drained to almost below my skimmer... leaving the pump to run with out a lot of water and the water pouring out of the skimmer hose connection... Grrrrrr... twice now.

Why won't the hose stay connected to the skimmer "down pipe"... I am afraid if I tighten the hose clamp any tighter it will just crack the white plastic piece coming off the skimmer... What should I do, I don't trust it at all now. Scared if I walk away it will fall off again and I will lose all the water again, burn out the pump and more or worse.

Any suggestions!? Am I forgetting something? Should I add a hook or support for the tubing/hose/pipe??

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 ft R, Niagara by Asahi Pools, ABG, 13500 gallon, hayward 1hp single speed pump, swim pro sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hose keeps falling off... any suggestions, please!!

You need to tighten that clamp. There is no way you will be able to tighten it enough to crack the fitting. The clamp would strip out before that could happen. I an 6'2 - 250 lbs and I crank on my hose clamps as tight as I can without any problems
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Using a nut driver or small ratchet will help if you have been using a screwdriver.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Really? Man I feel like I'm wrenching on it... so it doesn't need anything else. Just tighten it and it should stay, it's really just the force of the water continuing to push the hose off?? Thank you!

5. Back To Top    #5

How old is the hose? I used to have this problem till I bought a new hose. I actually got a new hose because the old one was cracking. Then I realized that the fitting was much better on the new one.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedrie View Post
    How old is the hose? I used to have this problem till I bought a new hose. I actually got a new hose because the old one was cracking. Then I realized that the fitting was much better on the new one.
    Ditto. I had a hose that kept blowing and stopped when I replaced it. They are not that expensive.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Buy 2 new clamps and double them up.
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube