Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool need Plumbing recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool need Plumbing recommendations

Hey Guys,
    First time pool owner here in Texas seeking advice on plumbing setup. I'm installing a new round 30'x54" Pool Factory 8000 series saltwater pool 20k gallon. My pump and filter will be located 8 ft from the pool on concrete pad. For equipment I have a hayward big mouth skimmer, Pentair 342000 vs pump, Hayward C3030 cartridge filter and a CircuPool Si45 plus SWG. I plan buying a automatic pool cleaner (considering Hayward 5000 Aqua bug) and was wondering if installing a tee with an isolation valve into the suction line from the skimmer to run the vac and skimmer at the same is beneficial.
    Thanks in advanced...

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool need Plumbing recommendations

I am doing it like that, I used a 3 way jandy valve and 1 side will go to the skimmer and the other will be for "the poolcleaner"
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **