Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool thermometer... that last more then a season.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool thermometer... that last more then a season.....

added bonus... would like a remote station that is useable outside during the summer month in the North East...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool thermometer... that last more then a season.....

Welcome!

I recall some threads about some great deal somewhere a few years back. However, there's just too many hits on the search box to find it fast. You can go check 'em.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have this thermometer that I purchased in 2012 and it is still holding up. I use it in the pool and hot tub. I have bought various others and they only last a few months and then, fall apart.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006H4...ol+thermometer
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

I am in Florida and the sun eats away at digital equipment so after a few tries, I steer clear.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

5. Back To Top    #5

I've said this before but why do all these read down to 30 deg, and up to 120?, some even read down to below 0 deg, really lame in my op. A quality one that reads from 60 deg to 110 would be perfect for the pool or hot tub and the graduations would be easier to read. I guess they just take their normal thermometers and put a float around them to save money, why bother with something better if people buy their junk. I just look at the easy-touch to see the temp but I would gladly pay $30.00+ for a GOOD one to put in the skimmer. I had a couple digital floaters but they both leaked and died. I think they need some better design engineers.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Working great for me so far, Ambient Weather has a bunch of stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weathe...872194&sr=1-95
    10k-13k gallon, IG, plaster, with spa, as of 2015 the pool is 8 years old...I think...TF-100 Test Kit, pool pictures on Flickr, Test History
    Pentair: EasyTouch control system, IntelliCholor IC40 SWG, Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter 420 sq. ft., WhisperFlo filter pump, Booster 3/4 hp cleaner pump, WhisperFlo waterfall pump, Max-E-Therm heater, old Krauly pressure cleaner, Borate

7. Back To Top    #7

I have this one and I have used it for 3 seasons and love it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Jumbl-Wireless...meter+wireless
    22k gallons AG 30ft round, Hayward 2 speed 2hp motor, cartridge filter, Aquabot Rover Jr, Sunheater solar heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Have two of these and they seem to be pretty bullet proof. No remote option, but I'm a jug slinger so I have to be at the pool edge all the time anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-R14103...ol+thermometer

So much so that when my robot and this thermometer collided last year, the thermometer won. Had to replace the roller bearings on my Tigershark after the thermometer got wedged in the roller. Needless to say, I now pull the thermometers when I run the robot.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons