Pool Lights big versus small

May 13, 2015
Oronoco/MN
I'm working with a pool builder to design and build an in-ground pool. I love the picture on internet showing underwater pool lights. My builder is recommending 4 Hayward AC 320 lights (like at his pool). I've seen his pool and was unimpressed by the illumination given off by the smaller accent lights. I noticed the smaller accent light he had in the deep end (8 ft for diving) did a poor job of illuminating the bottom. I'm going to go with Hayward so I can control with Hayward's OmniLogic system. I'm not sure if I should go with 2 larger lights (Hayward ColorLogic 4.0), or go with 1 larger light, and 2 or 3 of the Hayward 320 accent lights for the shallow end. My Pool with be free-form 22-38 plus 6 feet ledge with 2 additional Hayward bubbler lights imbedded in the ledge. Four Pentair Laminars will round out my planned pool lighting. Does anyone have experience with making this type of decision? Another question... Should I use accent lighting to illuminate the step that I'll have? Thanks! Charlie

I have two Hayward Color Logic 4.0 lights. Our pool size is rectangle 18x38. I am very pleased with this setup and would recommend it. Your two bubbler lights for the shelf are also a good idea from what I've seen here as shelves tend to block light from the main lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.