Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Showing Off My Newly TFPC Conversion Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Showing Off My Newly TFPC Conversion Pool

I bought my house 9 years ago with the pool. From day one when it was installed well before I bought the house it had been a Prestine Blue pool. Few weeks ago when searching the old inter web for cheaper Prestine Blue I came across this site and the TFPC/BBB Method. I took the chance with trying it and I couldnt be happier. Providing a Safe, Clear, & Sanitized pool for my 1 year old was my main objective and after learning what to do and knowing what my levels are I am now confident it's complete safe for my little man to swim this summer.

The last couple testing my pH was a little high. With Pool Math telling me how much MA to put in, when I sampled it today my pH was a 7.5, I actually smiled out loud and thought to myself I got it!

Here is a overview shot!

UNDERwater shot from one side the pool to the other.

This weekend we are having our first official pool/bbq party and I couldn't be more excited!

Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Showing Off My Newly TFPC Conversion Pool

Bottom drain?

You lucky dog!
    18k gal AG Sand Filter K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep it has a bottom drain and has a valve by the pump so I can either pull from the skimmer, or the bottom drain or both.

Wayne

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

We never get tired of these I promise you. You've come a long way man. Congrats Wayne!

Isn't it nice having control? Not guessing, or fighting the pool?

Great Job!!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

It is, im so glad I switched!

I find myself trying to convert other people now.

A close family friend has a pool and has been having nothing but problems lately. I told him about all of my new learning of pool chemistry. I even brought my sample kit to his house and sampled his pool which was cloudy and had algae on the bottom.

His results were
    FC=0
    CYA=0
    CH=250
    pH=7.5
    TA=50

Its a 24'X54" pool just like mine. I sent him my underwater picture yesterday via text message and have yet to hear back from him hahaha. He is doing exactly what I was doing before I learn the TFPC Method I never had the issues he has, he just wont listen! All I know is that I wont be putting my son in the pool with those kind of numbers.

Wayne

7. Back To Top    #7

It amazes me how some people are so resistant to trying the TFPC method, even as they continue to battle with algae. It's like they cover their ears and say "la la la, I don't hear you" when you mention taking over your own pool chemistry and avoiding being pool-stored.
    18 foot round AG vinyl 9,000 gallon pool, Hayward Perflex 1 hp pump, DE filter. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit. Pool new July, 2014.

8. Back To Top    #8

I don't know, we've had a lot of success stories here already, and the season is just starting up. Some are reluctant, but we can only help the willing.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

I love that underwater picture. That, for me, is the barometer of crystal clear.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by RNDEBBIEROSE View Post
    It amazes me how some people are so resistant to trying the TFPC method, even as they continue to battle with algae. It's like they cover their ears and say "la la la, I don't hear you" when you mention taking over your own pool chemistry and avoiding being pool-stored.
    I think alot of it has to do with the fact that most people don't want to tend to thier pool each and every day. I think those of us that take water samples every day and add bleach every day are in the minority. But, for me (and for most of us here) a few minutes of maintenance in return for a crystal clear pool all season long is totally worth it.
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

I add FC and acid about every 3 days. If I test more often it's only because I'm a pool nerd. Mines pretty dynamic with regard to pH as well, but everyday needs are unusual for me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    I add FC and acid about every 3 days. If I test more often it's only because I'm a pool nerd. Mines pretty dynamic with regard to pH as well, but everyday needs are unusual for me.
    How is that even possible?? I need to add bleach every single day. My CYA is around 40 and i shoot for 6 ppm when I add bleach. If i wait 24 hours and retest I'm down to about 3 ppm. If i didn't add it every day the amount of chlorine in my pool would quickly be well below the minimum for my CYA amount. I'm in full sun all day from sun up until sundown.
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Love it! Congrats!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

14. Back To Top    #14

I don't need to test but maybe q 3 days due to our use of an automatic cover. In fact, could even go weekly probably but for reassurance I don't. The SWG toodles along at its slow-but-steady CL production and when I want or need a bump, I just use bleach.

Easy peasy
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

15. Back To Top    #15

Nice, that water is crystal clear.

In ground poured concrete pool using a Hayward motor and sand filter.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I think alot of it has to do with the fact that most people don't want to tend to thier pool each and every day. I think those of us that take water samples every day and add bleach every day are in the minority. But, for me (and for most of us here) a few minutes of maintenance in return for a crystal clear pool all season long is totally worth it.
    Agreed. I often get ribbed for being so attentive to my pool, testing often and adding my daily bleach. But, as far as I'm concerned, the results speak for themselves.
    18 foot round AG vinyl 9,000 gallon pool, Hayward Perflex 1 hp pump, DE filter. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit. Pool new July, 2014.