Replacing the "innards" of my sand filter??

amyp73

May 13, 2015
North Vernon, IN
I inherited a pool when we purchased our home in 2011. We are still very much newbies in the pool care category. As such, due to poor communication and early cold weather we forgot to drain the water from the sand filter. Of course the inevitable happened and the center pipe was crushed by the expanding freezing water. I have removed the sand and pulled out the pipe and lateral assembly and can't find a part number for replacement. It is an umbrella-style setup. The pipe itself was about 19 inches long and each lateral piece is around 7 inches long and there are ten of them. The filter itself (the body) looks like an upside down hot air balloon (big and round) and is blue. It has 'Swim-Pro' on the side but the area that used to have a ticker (probably identifying the model number) is bare. I have tried to contact our local pool shop but haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone have any idea what part I need to order? (My pool is a 24' round above ground)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.