Liner Change / LED Conversion / Light Housing Issue

I have a Amerlite Niche - 10 years old. I upgraded my light to a LED Pentair Pentair Amerbrite Color LED Replacement Lamp 12V 602060. When the installer went to put the new light shell back in the niche it would not fit flush. The type of niche I have has the conduit connector / light chord located coming out of the back end of the niche.

Problem - When inserting the light and shell back in the niche it hits the chord and conduit connector - thus you can put the screw in the top but the light won't simultaneously fit flush at the bottom. It appears when the light was installed before it was jammed into the housing pinching the wire at the connector. Has anyone seen this before and is there a simple solution? The light is pretty and works fine but is not properly inserted in the wall and pinching the wire is not a good idea... :( :(

Too add insult to injury my installer lost threw away "I assume with old liner" the original ring and hardware. 100.00 extra dollars later and a rush trip to SPC this is what I am left with. Funny how things can go wrong.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.