Where does the CYA go over winter? Florida??

CC = 0 or .5, FC around 28, water is still a bit turquoise/grey 3 or 4 days after opening but is making good progress. It was the usual brownish green worm cocktail when we pulled the cover off. No dead mammals, reptiles or amphibians this year - just one live toad. CYA-eating bacteria that live in cold water but are killed/fought back by sanitizing or heat? Would be an explanation. Also, I'll admit I didn't check it for the last month or so of last summer, so it could have got low then. But the chlorine levels didn't necessarily act like there was no stabilizer.

Not a huge problem, I'll add the required amount of stabilizer this weekend.

A slightly different topic I don't remember seeing here: Does water temperature affect chlorine's working? On the pool calculator, temperature seems only to affect CSI. The water is still under 60F. Not worth turning on the heater yet as, except for one or two days, the air temperature has been far too cold for swimsuits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.