Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Build from Hades

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Build from Hades

Okay, I am going to try to make a long story short. Fiberglass pool install has been attempted twice now and has been suspended due to heavy rains. (We've had record rains this Spring in TX).

Both times the pool was already in the hole and they began filling the pool while back filling. Big rain came overnight (both times). First time pool and hole were both pumped out using sump pumps but they did not lift the pool out of the hole, they just used a tractor to lift the sides and re-level. Second time this happened (last night). They showed up today with one pump to pump the hole water only and the level in the pool is going down with it! So this means there has to be a crack, correct? The guys is standing there telling us it's not cracked, it's just settling. I'm not stupid can visually see the level in the pool going down. They are currently scrambling to get a second pump to pump the pool out.

Stupid question because I can hardly believe it but it HAS to be a crack, yes? If so, what's the next step? Who is responsible for said crack? Should they completely remove the pool (they seem reluctant to hire a crane), they prefer to use a tractor to lift sides and re-level but there's got to be moisture under the pool/sand, etc.

Opinions appreciated!
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Build from Hades

Take lots of pics with dates and times on them. Be there when they are working on the pool and area at all times. Document any and all conversations with anyone around the pool.

Let us know what you see when they get the pool pumped out.

I will be thinking about you.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Take lots of pics with dates and times on them. Be there when they are working on the pool and area at all times. Document any and all conversations with anyone around the pool.

Let us know what you see when they get the pool pumped out.

I will be thinking about you.

Kim
    Yes, we have begun taking pics and documenting everything. Thanks for the advice. My wife is livid and I am sick to my stomach

There has to be a crack, yes?!?!?
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe I am overacting. The pool level is now higher than the hole level, so I take that as a good sign. Surely it would be wise to drain the pool along with the hole at the same time so that no stress is put on the fiberglass bottom?

5. Back To Top    #5

If you had rain, perhaps the unplumbed main drains at the bottom are allowing water to come and go into the pool hole? Just a chance huh?
    Good luck!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    If you had rain, perhaps the unplumbed main drains at the bottom are allowing water to come and go into the pool hole? Just a chance huh?
    Good luck!
    I like this idea very much and I hope you are correct I don't think there are any main drains, however

7. Back To Top    #7

Are you sure there aren't any openings lower in the pool if no main drain holes?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Are you sure there aren't any openings lower in the pool if no main drain holes?
    I sure haven't seen any. In fact, I just checked with the PB and there are no main drains or holes of any kind in the bottom of the shell (yet). It is a solid piece of fiberglass. The only hole in the pool that I can see is the skimmer hole at the top/side.

I suppose once we drain the pool (again) we can check for cracks, etc.

9. Back To Top    #9

Well I wanted to give another update if for nothing else than to save someone else. My pool is currently being drained (for the 4th time) so that it can be re-leveled. They attempted to fill it again over the weekend but by the time it was full it was obvious that it was not level. So frustrating. I have taken to the internet to vent. This has to be the worst PB in the history of PB's. They lie to my face, don't return calls, stall, delay tactics, etc. Most days nobody even shows up to work.

Long story short is that it has now been 4 months and my pool is not even close to completion! Ridiculous!

10. Back To Top    #10

Oh, I am SO sorry!!!! This is terrible. I wish I had words of wisdom.

This sucks!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

11. Back To Top    #11

yikes..sounds like they had issues and don't want to deal with it now. You may have to pursue things through your State's Contractor's Licensing Board (CSLB). Not sure how its done in TX.

12. Back To Top    #12

Heartbreaking... I certainly ache with you and for you. Keep us posted, 'k?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

13. Back To Top    #13

My next step is to file a formal complaint with the state of Texas but I can't seem to find which category a pool builder would fall under. I don't see contractor, general contractor, pool contractor, or anything of the sort. HELP!

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

here are a couple I found I searched this on google "file a formal complaint contractor business in state of Texas"

Consumer Protection - File a Consumer Complaint
    default (Service Contract Providers)

BBB offers tips on when and how to file a complaint
    BBB Online Complaint System | Get Started
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks cowboy. I called the Texas Board of licensing and they told me that contractors do not fall within the "service contract providers". I already filed with the BBB a long time ago. I guess I will wait until they are finished (whenever that will be) and file with the office of the attorney general.

I am kind of shocked to discover that you don't need a license in Texas to do contracting of any kind. You can build a house, put a pool in, whatever you want. I'm still in disbelief

16. Back To Top    #16

Just updating this thread.

We're going on 5 1/2 months now, pool still not finished. Contemplating a lawsuit but I'd rather not go that route.

My neighbor wanted a pool after seeing mine being started and obviously wasn't going to use ....

He also went with a fiberglass pool with another builder. They went from start to finish in 2 weeks! His is complete with waterfall, concrete, everything. They feel so bad for us they invite us swimming almost every day. Thank God for kind neighbors!

Will update occasionally as I can. Seriously just hoping to be finished before the holidays at this point.

17. Back To Top    #17

What a nightmare! I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. Yes, thank God for kind neighbors!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

18. Back To Top    #18

I'd like to say I can't imagine what you're going through but in some aspects I can. We too are debating on what our next step will be.
    Inground Pool Size 32x21 - Depth 3-6" x 6'4" - Surface area 440 Sq Ft - Perimeter 93 ft.
    Supposed to have: Hayward Equipment, Hayward Aqua Plus control panal, Hayward 40" sand filter, Hayward 2 HP Tristar pump, 320 commerical grade in line cholinator back up, Hayward Goldline t-15 40kgal salt cell. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir ORDERED

19. Back To Top    #19

Has your pool been completed?. I am using the same company in Corpus . They started in February 2015. Its still not finished.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by sublime808 View Post
    Has your pool been completed?. I am using the same company in Corpus . They started in February 2015. Its still not finished.
    I am so sorry I just now saw this message sublime. Nope, here it is October and they are STILL NOT DONE. Don't get me wrong, we have been swimming for a month or two but still don't have concrete yet. I didn't think it was possible that anyone's project could possibly be OLDER than ours. Maybe we can warn others so this won't happen to anybody else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast