Vinyl liner questions

wal81

Feb 8, 2015
North Alabama
Today I discovered that my Polaris pool cleaner lost a wheel. The wheel, along with a screw and small metal plate, were on the bottom of the deep end. While trying to scoop these small pieces off the bottom with a net, I thought to myself "I hope this won't tear or scratch the liner!" How durable are liners and what does it take to tear them? Mine is about 10 years old and seems to be in great shape except for fading.

Tough question, but the life cycel of a liner is

Everything is fine
Color Fades
Vinyl gives out due to UV exposure - typically horizontally along the water line on the sunny side of the pool

I would guess that with yoru liner being faded, it is more susceptible to tears than one that is brand new, but I am unable to quantify that.

I look at it this way, critters get into pools all the time. So a liner is tough enough to stand up to a racoon's or squirrel's finger nails as they try to not drown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.