Polaris wheel fell off

wal81

Feb 8, 2015
North Alabama
New pool owner here. I inherited a Polaris pool robot with my vinyl pool. Today I discovered one of the Polaris wheels on the bottom of the deep end. There is also a screw, washer, and small metal plate (couldn't get those off the bottom with the net...will have to go swimming!)

Is the wheel repairable?

Yes it is repairable, the question is how much will it cost you ;) What model Polaris is it?

I've had just about every Polaris failure over the years and the good news is, they are usually easy to fix. I've also lost a wheel, but I had lost the entire axle, cracked plastic. If there is a metal plate on the bottom, it's likely a bit more than just the wheel screw coming off, but that depends on the model.

Great, looks like i need the frame. Not cheap... just because of two little screws. the part on the frame that the wheels screws into, the threads in that are gone. Looks like i might be able to find the frame for $100. Now i'm wondering should i just replace the whole dang thing. this polaris is probably darn near 20 years old. I'm afraid everything is gonna start falling apart on it. I know my hoses are good, from the pool side to the polaris, just replaced that. but everything else has been put thru the ringer i guess. i just have big trees in my yard and HAVE to run the polaris every day!

I'm not familiar with this failure, but from just reading here about it, I wonder if you couldn't put a dap of epoxy in the screw hole then either let it harden and drill a small hole in it for the screw to thread into, or just insert the screw into the soft epoxy and leave it at that (nut then probably can't ever take that screw back out).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.