New pool owner, have been reading about AA treatment and want to make sure I have the procedure correct.
I did it last year and had cloudy/milky pool for week.
Since then have replaced cartridge filters, were extremely old/dirty.
Not sure if I really added a sequestering agent, as opposed to what person at Leslie's sold me!
Here are the steps from what I'm able to put together:
1. Reduce chlorine
2. Because I have a cartridge filter-do not have circulator function, remove cartridges, because I can’t bypass them.
3. Pour ascorbic acid around edges of pool – approx.. 1 lb per 10,000 gallons
4. let circulate for 1/2 hour, wait until stains gone
5. Pour sequestering agent into pool – HOW MUCH??
7. Put filter cartridges back in.
8. Increase chlorine
I'm not quite sure of the time frame for this whole process -is this over 24 hours?
Thanks for reviewing and any advise given.