First opening SWAMP above and below winter cover Pre-SLAM question

sgarofalo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Mount Pleasant/Wi
Hi everyone,

Started getting things ready for our first opening at our new home and pool. Spent the past couple days scooping TONS of leaves out of the top of the "Winter cover".

Plenty was taken out, but by the amount that gets stirred up I'm guessing there is plenty left in there.

I was thinking about renting a pump from a local store that could handle up to 1" solid waste and just dumping all of the water that has accumulated ontop of the cover along with what will hopefully be the majority of the leaves.

It appears to be solid plastic type of cover that based on how deep I had to scoop portions of the pool is down there quite a bit. Almost to the point of I may be a little nervous with liner shift If I were to just pump all the water off.

I did peak under the cover and the water under was just as dark as above :( So I was thinking of running the hose (Fresh city water) under the cover and starting to fill the pool, once it got high enough I could start the pump and dump all the mosquito infested SMELLY **** off the top and get a jump on what is anticipated of a partial water change. The previous owners left me two full buckets of chlorine pucks that they used to "maintain" the pool.

My HOPE is that the previous owners put the winter cover on early last fall, and the majority of these leaves came after the pool was closed and the house was put on the market.

The waste water pump will dump WAY more than my garden hose can replenish so I'm curious if my water table is at least 4' below grade could that be a good guess as how low I could go during this swamp dump?

Here's a few pics of what I am trying to overcome :)

20150512_150503.jpg

20150512_150550.jpg

Doing the deep clean on the sand filter this Thursday hoping to have the mechanics back together and running by Friday to pull my first water samples and start the SLAM on Saturday..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.