New pool owner

May 13, 2015
Spencer WV
I just set up a 20x 12x48 easy set up pool and purchased the saltwater system. I filled the pool up with city water and then proceeded to run the filter for. 24 hours after adding salt. Then I started the saltwater system and my salt was not too low or high and the water is clear. But my copper level is. 0 and my ph and alkalinity is low. But my chlorine level is great. It has been around 4 days since I started the whole process. Should I wait to let the kids swim since my ph is low or is it ok??and should I wait and let the system fun in boost mode for another day or so before adding any increaser to help ph? This has been a stressful process for me. I like to have things perfect. But I want it safe for my kids.

As stated, you need to get a good test kit. But until it arrives, since you filled it with the same water your kids bathe in, let 'em swim.

I doubt your ph is really that low. I question the accuracy of the strips, which is why we don't use them here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.