Can this work with my Pool?

It is much cheaper and more efficient to buy the commercial solar heating mats. Solar heating is about exposure to the sun and high flow rates and that is best done with a mat.

Trying to force the water through a long small tube is going result in a lot of head loss and very little heat gain.

There are inexpensive mats all over Ebay. Would you rather spend $100 and the effort to put some tubes up and have it not really make a difference?

Honestly the Intex pumps are pretty weak, so I am not sure if it could support a solar system on the shed. It probably could if you left the mats on the ground.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you using a solar cover? The best thing you can do while trying to decide on solar panels is to get a solar cover to help reduce the nighttime heat loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeffchap, we were typing at the same time. I just had to split my attention with the kids in the pool. Lol

at 18 foot your surface area is 324 sq feet, to raise your temp with solar panels you would need 75 to 100% surface area of your pool. You would have to buy 4 to 8, 2x20 foot solar panels to reach 50 to 100% of your surface area.. your talking 900 for half the surface area of your pool just for panels, and those are the cheap ones that you will have to replace within 5 years.... the nice ones that will last will cost 3000 to 6000 dollars.. if that's not enough you will probably need a new pump setup to make solar panels work unless you place them on the ground.. if you really want or need them get some good ones.. I did a lot of research and decided to go with a 16 mil clear solar cover with reel..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.