Everything but the kitchen sink remodel

Concrete pool with fiberglass that was put on in the 80's. Going with fiberglass again. Got a cheap variable speed pump. Eliminating the booster and going with a Polaris 360. Old filter was a 150sq ft cartridge, got a free Clean and clear 520 I will be replacing it with. Probably going to eliminate the main drain and replace all copper plumping. Also replacing tile and coping, adding a swimout and bench

201hu1.jpg

I'm moving the equipment, I ripped it all out a dug the trench

2nh28gy.jpg

I'm starting to mock up the new pool equipment in the new location. Solar valve coming out of the filter, then sweep/return valve, then valve for the 2 return lines.
2h654lc.jpg

This area is where the previous mess of equipment was. I did all the moving and trenching myself, hard work. Gonna put down some rubber mats for now and pavers eventually
9a4cio.jpg

The workers put the tile on the pool
2r6me04.jpg

Nice work!

Why, oh why would they put the equipment there? Right in front of the building?? I like where you put it much better BUT I am also NOT the one doing all of the work so............LOL

Have you thought about where you are going to run the backwash water? I have mine hard plumb but you can also use the backwash tubing that is easy to store.

Make sure you put unions and valves on everything. Make your life easy in the long run.

Nice find on the filter! You got lucky on that one!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pictures from the 17th and today are not coming through on my computer. It could just be me.....

The new tile is beautiful! I haven't seen that color before - very rich. Now I have to confess that I thought the original tile was the new tile when I first read this thread. It looked pretty to me, but I bet up close it had some wear on it.

I can't wait to see the rest of the updates. It's looking great! I'll see if there's something I need to do on my end about the pictures showing.

Take care! Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.