Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Everything but the kitchen sink remodel

1. Back To Top    #1

Everything but the kitchen sink remodel

Concrete pool with fiberglass that was put on in the 80's. Going with fiberglass again. Got a cheap variable speed pump. Eliminating the booster and going with a Polaris 360. Old filter was a 150sq ft cartridge, got a free Clean and clear 520 I will be replacing it with. Probably going to eliminate the main drain and replace all copper plumping. Also replacing tile and coping, adding a swimout and bench

I'm moving the equipment, I ripped it all out a dug the trench

Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Everything but the kitchen sink remodel

Hi Nick,
    Welcome to TFP!

Looks like a nice project! Keep us posted on the progress.. !
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow, this is gonna be a fun one to watch!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Wow, this is gonna be a fun one to watch!
    Won't be fun to watch my bank account!
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Not off to a great start. So this is a bench that's getting added. Are those cracks going to be a problem

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Nickmpower View Post
    Won't be fun to watch my bank account!
    Yeah it will! In fact we will help you spend it if you ask us to! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is a before shot before I ripped out the old equipment:

Ran the old gas line over for a grill

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm starting to mock up the new pool equipment in the new location. Solar valve coming out of the filter, then sweep/return valve, then valve for the 2 return lines.

This area is where the previous mess of equipment was. I did all the moving and trenching myself, hard work. Gonna put down some rubber mats for now and pavers eventually

The workers put the tile on the pool

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice work!

Why, oh why would they put the equipment there? Right in front of the building?? I like where you put it much better BUT I am also NOT the one doing all of the work so............LOL

Have you thought about where you are going to run the backwash water? I have mine hard plumb but you can also use the backwash tubing that is easy to store.

Make sure you put unions and valves on everything. Make your life easy in the long run.

Nice find on the filter! You got lucky on that one!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

I'll just make a new thread once I get all the pics organized and the rest of the backyard finished but here is one for now. Going to replace the bridck eventually, and there will be an overlay being installed over the rest of the deck

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

The pictures from the 17th and today are not coming through on my computer. It could just be me.....

The new tile is beautiful! I haven't seen that color before - very rich. Now I have to confess that I thought the original tile was the new tile when I first read this thread. It looked pretty to me, but I bet up close it had some wear on it.

I can't wait to see the rest of the updates. It's looking great! I'll see if there's something I need to do on my end about the pictures showing.

Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

13. Back To Top    #13

hmm, picture works fine for me, anyone else? Here is a direct link http://i60.tinypic.com/20arw46.jpg

14. Back To Top    #14

Love the color! Very soft looking! The coping is wonderful!

Kim