Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello:

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello:

I'm new to TFP. We are in the 4th season with our pool and looking for more cost effective means to take care of our pool. Looks like a great site. V
    16k gal, 14x34 vinyl in-ground pool, pentair superflow pump 3/4hp, hayward pro series sand filter, pool frog, well water. New London, North Carolina.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello:

Welcome the the forum!

You'll be hard pressed to find a better cost option than TFPC. If you do, let us know, we would be interested in that.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

A really easy way to save money right off the bat is to stop putting the mineral packs in the Frog. They only lead to bad things like green hair and stained pools.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

And mineral frog packs are expensive
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. Funny you mention the mineral pack, It was suggest by my pool folks that I keep it this morning when I had them test my water. I chose not to get it. Had them test water this morning really high cya, been draining and refilling today. I have been doing a lot of reading today. Will order Me a good test kit today or tomorrow.
    16k gal, 14x34 vinyl in-ground pool, pentair superflow pump 3/4hp, hayward pro series sand filter, pool frog, well water. New London, North Carolina.

7. Back To Top    #7

Good for you. A good kit is essential.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by vwhit View Post
    Thanks. Funny you mention the mineral pack, It was suggest by my pool folks that I keep it this morning when I had them test my water. I chose not to get it. Had them test water this morning really high cya, been draining and refilling today. I have been doing a lot of reading today. Will order Me a good test kit today or tomorrow.
    If it's already there, I wouldn't remove it. It is an easy to use chlorinator when you go out of town. Save the empty mineral pack to hold the chlorine pack in place should you need it.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome! You've come to the right place!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by vwhit View Post
    WOW! You already plan to get a good test kit? That is awesome to hear! You are going to LOVE taking care of your pool now and will not believe how easy and cheap it will be with the test kit!

Let us know when it gets in and we can help you out with the testing.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.