Intro and Pool Plan Pics

That's right! No sleep for you tonight! The dig is a fun day - the REAL beginning! And I thought it was interesting to watch.

Keep an eye on things. It will go well, but your watchful eye is added insurance!

Keep us updated with photos and narration! I'm excited about it, too!
Suz.

lol, go out and learn! I had no clue, so I asked the guys all sorts of questions, and when they took breaks, I would go over and chit chat a bit. I learned a lot from them. AND, since I mentioned what I was envisioning, the guy with the excavator kept and eye out for large flat rocks, and built my stair case for me. I had thought that would be something down the road, but he was happy to do it.

Listen to Ascew! She knows what she's doing and is a pro. If you're shy, get the conversation started with taking them drinks or cookies, etc. A man's heart is through...... The crews down here look forward to treats and really appreciate it. Our gunite crew came at 6 in the morning so I ran out and bought jalapeno kolaches and donuts. Man, you would have thought I had baked them myself. They thanked me over and over. I guess that time of the morning they don't take time to have breakfast. But it's also a great conversation starter.

I learned AFTER my dig what to look for. People have mentioned to measure the lengths, widths, and depths to check against your plan specs. Also check to make sure they haven't forgotten any features you want - sunshelf (check depth and size), rock wall, raised wall/beam, benches, spa (for sure check the dimensions here), etc. In my case, I wanted a walking ledge in the deep end, and I totally forgot. And check the slope from shallow to deep if this applies to your pool. I had no idea to think about that.....

And then enjoy the excitement that your build has truly begun!!!! Wooooo Hoooooo! Were are those pictures??????

Suz.

They are here!!! Been here about 45 min. Deck and tile patio are gone. Now they are leveling then doing to paint the outline of the pool.

I'm grinning so big!! And also crying on parting with the big check in a little bit!

d523dbb6fa2872a5d5c9079c3d3bad9f.jpg
239bb8169c8b91b3fa42a7aabedee7a9.jpg
eda56435d2464cdd73b1524f66bc3201.jpg

Hooray!!! Wow! You've got one mighty fine lookin' bobcat driver there! He might need another guy his size to manage the pedals, though!! His smile tells all!

Did ya'll find any long lost treasures from under the deck?? We used to have a wood deck at our first house. With all the snakes from the woods, I wasn't sorry to say goodbye to it.

Nice video. They are making good progress, and it sounds like you're on top of things! You're doing great. Keep it up! You guys have a great view out your back - ohhhhhh, it's going to be wonderful!

No tears over the checks. They're like Band-Aids. Do it quickly and don't spend any time thinking about it. You already took care of all those worries when you were deciding whether or not to build a pool.

Keep the pictures rolling in! You're on the roller coaster for sure now! Hopefully this will be a great, fun and smooth ride!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haha! What are they doing at your place today? Finishing that beautiful travertine?!

It's going to pour here any minute it looks like

They did finish the dig and the pool looks her to me! They put a tarp around the edges to prevent it from caving in. Here is the final pic

94835a5beec9dd67bfea1ce5cecc8af6.jpg
7829eee0cf3533e187ce5915f15c667b.jpg

As requested, here's the link to the thread I found. I don't think it's very helpful.....

does anyone have an inground pool with a built in table

I positively love the new drawings with the table. One of the best layouts for a table I've seen. It's convenient to the sun shelf, not in a play area. In fact, you have an entire social area there! Wow! That's awesome.

Kim: I think it's time for another lock!!! She's ready and doesn't quite realize it! Give her that little nudge!!!
(from me about me: it takes one to know one!! Lol!!!)
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.