Intro and Pool Plan Pics

Awesome! That's looking so great! I love the rock borders between the mulched beds and the deck! A great look and practical too. I don't know all of your plants, but they all look really good. Caladiums? Do they come back in Dallas after the winter? I've heard they do in many places, but not usually in Houston. I think they need more cold and less rain than we get here. Their color looks great with the oleander!!!

Suz.

They are caladiums, they should come back next year.
There are saga palms, burning bush, Mexican petunia and dwarf oleanders.

Just a quick question. Looks great BTW. Why the small rocks next to the deck and in with the mulch? Seems like the stone and mulch will mingle over time. I've usually seen or used stone in areas separated from mulch for that reason.

Just a quick question. Looks great BTW. Why the small rocks next to the deck and in with the mulch? Seems like the stone and mulch will mingle over time. I've usually seen or used stone in areas separated from mulch for that reason.

Thanks, Bmore.... I was too chicken to say anything. I have never been able to keep a rock or stone border separate from mulch. Maybe with less rain in North Texas, you can. But it never works for me here in Houston. Even winds make a mess of things. Try it and see, then let me know how you make it work.

If it were me, I would put in some sort of edging now between the mulch and rocks. That way you can keep that neat and tidy look that is so awesome. It will be much harder to add the edging once the mulch and stone have started mixing. Maybe that's where I get a little OCD. I'd be picking the stones out of the mulch and the mulch out of the stones and driving myself crazy. You can buy what you need from Lowes or Home Depot. I would probably use something like the green metal strips or the black plastic strips. There's an even nicer-looking edging of poly-board or poly-wood strips, but it's pricier. I haven't seen it at our Lowes or HD. A stone or soil place would have that.

If you have extra bricks around, those would look nice and work very well. Or you could buy something from Lowes or HD, but I would choose a thinner brick-like for trim but big enough to divide the mulch and stones.

If I lived close by, I'd send my son over to do it for you. I know you guys have your hands full with kids, new pool, work, etc!!!

Suz.

I liked the look lol

No science for it. I think I can keep it separated.

I like the look too!!!

My problem with rocks is my son (who is 3) would be throwing all those beautiful rocks into the pool. We had pea gravel under our deck and I told my PB I wanted no sign of pea gravel left after my pool is done. I want it all gone!!! I could not keep him from throwing it. He is wild and crazy and he is a good boy and listens but the temptation is just too great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just stole a bunch of pictures of your pool to show my PB. Love, love, love the table!

Any regrets not getting a spa? It's not in our plans as of now. :)

Awe, wow thanks! The table was the best decision ever! We use it all the time!

No regrets on no spa so far. The area where it would have gone is the area where our conversation set it and where a pergola and fireplace will go. We will use that more than a spa, so it's just where we wanted our money to go.
5bc8eec3ccf8f7bb4634b27336bb1168.jpg

CUTE! I am glad to read she is not ready to go home yet...............as soon as I saw her I knew she was young.

So what made you pick HER? I love her color. The lab/poodle mix is the best of both worlds. Make sure you know a good groomer as she will need it about every 6 weeks or so depending on her coat. We have two doodles in the neighborhood that come over all of the time and we walk with them all of the time. WONDERFUL dogs. Funny thing is one is big and one is small. The small was supposed to be big but.............she stayed small. LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.