Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro and Pool Plan Pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Intro and Pool Plan Pics

any advice is welcome!

We are in the Dallas area and are just starting the process. We have signed with a builder and are waiting on the rain to stop so we can begin. Since it hasn't started yet I am still able to make changes.

Pool size
    Width-21.5
    Length- 33.5
    474 sq ft
    Depth- 3-5-4

What else is helpful to know?

Here are some pics
    pool.jpg

poo2.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intro and Pool Plan Pics

What equipment do they have listed?
    How is the plumbing going to be done?

It is these things that owners overlook due to the excitement about the bells and whistles and the pretty renderings.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Jandy
    2HP pump
    Pentair Platinum Pool Cleaner

That the right answers? LOL

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

So very true!

Still, I want to say what a gorgeous plan. The pool, decking, etc are beautifully situated to your house and yard! Congratulations! Such fun ahead. Welcome! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Suz- Kinda nerdy of me to say but you are a celeb to me around here! You have such a cool design and have such positive input for everyone around here!

6. Back To Top    #6

Not sure ...
    Is it at least a 2-speed pump?
    How big and what type of filter?
    How many skimmers?
    Are they plumbed separately from the floor drains to the equipment pad and controlled by valves (not PVC ball valves)?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Not sure ...
    Is it at least a 2-speed pump?
    How big and what type of filter?
    How many skimmers?
    Are they plumbed separately from the floor drains to the equipment pad and controlled by valves (not PVC ball valves)?
    I feel so dumb not knowing this.

Here is my contract

Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

8. Back To Top    #8

No worries ... salesmen are all about the flash and likely never get into the guts which will affect how the pool functions.

- Well, it lists Neverlube valves, so that is good.
    - 420 sqft cartridge filter ... that is pretty big and probable fine.
    - No mention on how the floor drains and 2 skimmers will be plumbed. You should ask for them all to be separate to the pad (and get it in writing).
    - Make sure one of the skimmers in on the predominantly downwind side of the pool.
    - In-line chlorinator is not recommended for sole source of chlorine due to climbing CYA levels. Can be ok for vacations, but you could just get a floater. Check out How to Chlorinate Your Pool.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you!

There is so much that I don't know!

10. Back To Top    #10

Also make sure the pump is a 2 speed or a variable speed, not a 1 speed, as a 2 speed will pay for itself in electrical savings within a year or two.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Thanks, Amanda! You lifted my spirits this morning. There are a few posts I wish I could take back.... Especially posts I made after days of unending rain. In case you haven't guessed - having a pool built is a rollercoaster of energy and emotions. Thank goodness, everyone on here is sooooo forgiving, understanding, and supportive. It is such an exciting time - I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Are you familiar with the stages of the pool build - just so you can know what to watch for with each one? There's a lot on this site, but much of it is woven within the threads and posts - hard to find it all together. Let me know if you need anything. Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    Thanks, Amanda! You lifted my spirits this morning. There are a few posts I wish I could take back.... Especially posts I made after days of unending rain. In case you haven't guessed - having a pool built is a rollercoaster of energy and emotions. Thank goodness, everyone on here is sooooo forgiving, understanding, and supportive. It is such an exciting time - I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Are you familiar with the stages of the pool build - just so you can know what to watch for with each one? There's a lot on this site, but much of it is woven within the threads and posts - hard to find it all together. Let me know if you need anything. Take care. Suz.
    Thanks! Yes this rain is delaying everything, we are in the Dallas area!

Will come to you if I have questions!!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

13. Back To Top    #13

The big thing is the inline chlorinator - i'd be interested to see what exactly they are using to make that happen, but its usually something that auto feeds trichlor tabs - and that pretty much goes against the entire premise of everything this site preaches.
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

14. Back To Top    #14

Well that's not good to hear! Knowledge is frightening lol

15. Back To Top    #15

good Luck Amanda.

We broke ground 3/27.

We've been sitting at this stage for 4-weeks.

Enjoy your Muddy hole for the next month ! LOL

/BD

Pool-Status-05-14-2015.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

16. Back To Top    #16

3' is really shallow, get a tape measure and hold it up to everyone and see how shallow it really is. I would up it to 4'
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

17. Back To Top    #17

I have 2 year old and a 5. I think 3 will be good for us

18. Back To Top    #18

Yeah, but kids grow fast ... my 4 and 6 year old kids swam all over the pool last year.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

19. Back To Top    #19

I am seeing lots of pool with 3 ft on one side. You can swim in 3 ft of water and we aren't tall people. 3 ft comes to my hips.

20. Back To Top    #20

Oh, hear is your thread. I second the warnings on too shallow.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast