Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC question

1. Back To Top    #1

CC question

I finished slamming my pool on Sunday. I passed the OCLT, have crystal clear water, and my CC was 0.5. My water is still crystal clear, my FC levels are staying above the target level even (it's about 8 and my target level is 6). My question is....my CC level last night was 1.0. Is this a reason to SLAM again? I know the target CC level is <0.5 - I just don't know if being above that indicates a problem. Help?
    18,000 gal; inground; vinyl; 18' x 36'; Cristal-Flo Sand Filter (new sand 4/27/15); Taylor K-2006 test kit; Avon, Indiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC question

First, double check with another test or two.

Go another day of SLAM and see what you get if it is positively 1.0. Sometimes it just takes another day or two. Do that, and let's see.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

It seems to bounce from 0.5-1.0...have been testing daily since SLAM was over. It was 0.5 for the last 2-3 days of my SLAM. I'll raise the FC to shock level and keep checking it. We will be out of town from Friday to Sunday so if I keep it at shock level through Friday, then it'll have a chance to drift down over the days I'm gone, right? This is what I would normally do anyway if we are out of town for the weekend? Thanks for your help...
    18,000 gal; inground; vinyl; 18' x 36'; Cristal-Flo Sand Filter (new sand 4/27/15); Taylor K-2006 test kit; Avon, Indiana

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea that will work, and it sounds like you're in pretty good shape, but that the right approach to be sure.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem