Excuse me Sir, can you check my plumbing...? (Diagram)

Brannon132

Platinum Supporter
May 5, 2015
Enumclaw, Wa
Ok guys I'm about to plumb in some new toys to my pool. :D I know enough about plumbing to be dangerous. :shaking:

Please check out my schematic and let me know what you would do differently...

Thanks a bunch, Brannon

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Does the pool have two skimmers? if so I would situate everything between the two. if not you only need one with a round pool. keep the one closest to the return. you should redo the plumbing where the solar panels and the heater are. you want each of those to be in parallel with the rest of the set up. like this (will add the drawing when I get home). the reason to have the heater and solar panel in parallel with the rest of the plumbing is because you do not want to have water flowing through them all the time, and you would need to be able to isolate them from the rest of the circuit for maintenance on each piece. the check valve after the filter to me seems like it's out of place; if you are going to have that many check valves you might want to place one more between the skimmer and the pump? not sure on that one.

Here is my proposed solution

Last edited:
The pool is oval shapes and nothing is plumbed in yet.

The reason I put in the second skimmer was two fold.
1. The wind sometimes blows that way and it would get debris out.
2. If a small pool toy or even one leaf got in my skimmer basket the pump would suck in air.

I really don't think is feasible to put my equipment between the skimmers.
Is there something else I need to do with the plumbing if it had to be on that side?

Thanks, Brannon

Got it, is that because it doesn't produce enough chlorine to worry about?
And FYI it's a copper heat exchanger that why I put the check valve in there but if not needed I'm nixing it.

I will add shutoff valves to each skimmer I thought I could use the 3 way valve as a shutoff.

Thanks so much for the help, I'm so excited to get this pool hooked up!
Brannon

The SWG will only be generating when the pump is on, so even if chlorine was the problem, it could not get back to the heater.

Check valves are needed for the trichlor tablet feeders, because they continue to dissolve when the pump is off and that very acidic water could back up into the heater.

The 3-way would allow you to select one of the other of the skimmers, but not necessarily shut off both.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.